-Classroom Procedures and Expectations-
1. Be on time to class.
2. Come prepared to learn. You will need a pen or pencil, agenda and interactive notebook every day.
3. You may sit where you choose, but remember this is a privilege that can be revoked.
4. When you enter class, you should take your seat and begin your warm-up question. If it is the first day of the week, you will need to pick up a new warm-up page (in the box marked “warm-ups” underneath the Texas Terms board) and staple/ paste it to your warm-up book.
5. “No Put Downs” - During class you are to respect me as well as your classmates.
6. No eating or chewing gum. Only water in a clear bottle is allowed.
7. Please refrain from slouching, putting feet up, or putting heads down. Be engaged!
8. If you wish to share something in class or answer a question, you should simply raise your hand.
9. Bathroom Policy: Bathroom requests should be made before the bell rings. However, if an emergency should come up in class and you need to go to the bathroom, raise your hand showing 3 fingers and I will know it is an emergency and signal you to go without disrupting the lesson.
10. We will be doing a lot of group work. When time is wrapping up for group work, I will count down “5,4,3,2,1” After “1” everyone will clap together and direct their focus to me.
Homework, Absences and Late Work
11. All homework is posted in the classroom and on my website. Extra homework documents can also be downloaded from my moodle site, which means there is no excuse for not completing an assignment.
12. Make sure that your name is on all your homework. Work without names will not be graded and will be considered late if handed in again.
13. If you are absent, it will be your responsibility to get handouts/notes and make-up all missed work. Hard copies of handouts can be found in the weekly file folder on my desk. All class notes will be posted to my moodle site in either Power Point or Microsoft word format. If you fail to turn in a homework assignment in the period it is due, you will be expected to stay after school for a homework detention with me. If you do not report to the homework detention, you will be assigned a Bohac detention and a parent phone call will be made.
14. All late work should be placed in the “late work” file on my desk. Please write the date of the day you turn in the assignment at the top of your paper. If the work is late because of an absence, make sure you write “absent” on the top of your paper so that I do not mark you late.
I know it seems like a long list, but it establishes the framework of how we do things in class. Trust me, if you follow these routines, you will find that you have a lot of freedom in class. I look forward to experiencing Texas History with you this year!
Return to my homepage