Week of September 8-12
If your mood map isn't done, be sure to come in for tutorials, it's your responsibility to do this.
If you didn't do your hour of reading last week, be sure to come see me and show me that you did it this past weekend.
Remember, most of the days are actually links...click on them to see the daily agenda from the board.
- Begin to discuss mood. How is it created? We will look at examples from your free reading, TKAM, and some film clips (if the projector is working)
- Possible "pop" quiz on TKAM, this will not be announced in class.
- Continue to discuss Mood.
- Add mood to your maps using the evidence you already marked in your TKAM book. Of course if you find something new to use, that's great!
Discuss 9/11, journal
Discuss mood..your homework is to write a paragraph to set the stage (make a scene or loaction) that has a specific mood. Each class has a different one. Click on "Thursday" for further direction. I couldn't get the notes you made today onto the website...we cant put the flip charts up yet...so I hope you got it all down in your journal! Remember...don't use the synonyms for your mood...use the things you see, hear and feel. Yo can write in first person if you want to...anything is fine with me.
These activities have been moved to next week:
- Tampering with mood: we will experiment with how we can change the mood of a setting or scene by changing the key (power) words.
- Begin Blueprinting. This will be our first brainstorming activitity. Write about something from your blueprint. (this may be on Monday the 15th, it all depends on time)
- Free Reading. Remember, you needed to read for an hour this week.
Remember, you can improve on your mood passage to increase your grade! Writing is a process!
You have until Friday of next week. This will be your basic homework for every week.
- Write for 30 min. in your journals-I will check this. You may write about your reading, something from your bluepint, something we began in class, etc.
- Read for an hour in your free reading book.
Link back to homepage