Week of September 29-October 3
FIgurative Language, Mood/Setting, and Descriptive Writing Assessment on Wednesday
Today's Review. Added are some examples from your classmates.
- Write something using one of the similies, metaphors, or examples personifiaction you created last week and yesterday . Meaning, try to build a story around it. Remember, you don't have to "finish" it, so don't cut it off and take the easy way out by waking up from a dream!
- Writing Territories (brain storming activity)
- Figurative Language, Descriptive Writing, Mood of Setting Assessment
- Discuss Characters. Inner Qualities vs. appearance
- Movie Clip-Direct and Indirect Characterization
- Create Character Dolls-you may make one for yourself, or for a character from TKAM
- Free Reading: Find examples of characterization
Next Week: We will start talking about Theme
Link back to Homepage